Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: PS2 War Games

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    PS2 War Games

    I was wondering what is a good war game that involves two or more users. I guess what I am saying is there any war games that have 2 or more user gameplay that doesnt involve online play. My nephew was asking me but I told him I wasn't for sure. The only ones I know that have that is use for online play i.e. socom.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  2. #2
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS2 War Games

    Big Red One

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS2 War Games

    [ QUOTE ]
    I was wondering what is a good war game that involves two or more users. I guess what I am saying is there any war games that have 2 or more user gameplay that doesnt involve online play. My nephew was asking me but I told him I wasn't for sure. The only ones I know that have that is use for online play i.e. socom.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Can't go wrong with Battlefield 2: Modern Combat.
    Officially retired

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS2 War Games

    what about one that you can just constantly fight, dont want missions or anything i just want to have like skirmish missions, survival, things like that. i bought a medal of honor game and beat it in about 30 minutes.
    Cant we all just get along?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS2 War Games

    Well, in Battlefield 2 Modern Combat I believe you can play against "bots" (AI controlled players) on large maps, and when you die, you can respawn and get back into the battle.

    I know for sure you can on the PC version...

    Also, in BF2: Modern Combat you spawn as a ground troop (with whatever weapon set you chose previously) and you can either choose to go on foot, or you can run up to any vehicle/aircraft and get into it and start using it. You can even hop into a helicopter and start blasting away baddies! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Or a tank... or anything else for that matter. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Officially retired

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS2 War Games

    [ QUOTE ]
    Big Red One

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Just wondering what time period is it set in? WWII, Veitnam or what? Also can you do mission together or just kill each other?
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  7. #7
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS2 War Games

    It's Call of Duty 2: Big Red One, and it's set in World War 2..

    As for the multiplayer, I'm not very familiar with it, but here's what I got from a search:

    [ QUOTE ]

    "We also got a chance to bust some heads in Big Red One's deathmatch mode, which will be one of four modes available in the final game's multiplayer (the others being team deathmatch, domination, and capture the flag). This multiplayer component will feature a mixture of maps taken from the single-player campaign and some created specifically for competitive play. When we spawned, we had a number of primary weapons to choose from, including the BAR, M1 Garand, and the Thompson submachine gun. There was also a tank available on the map that made it exceedingly easy to obliterate the competition, for obvious reasons. The tank controlled much like the warthog in Halo, and we drove it from a third-person perspective. Those pesky foot soldiers were able to strike back with a Panzerfaust that was stashed in a nearby guard tower, however."

    [/ QUOTE ]

    (BTW frank, I didn't mean to answer for you, but since I didn't see you on the "Who's Online" list I just figured I'd go ahead and help him out with his question. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
    Officially retired

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS2 War Games

    i dont want like a multiplayer computer AI format with just like 4 players or something. i want a dang all out war. you know what i mean? 2 regiments fighting it out. all that good stuff
    Cant we all just get along?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS2 War Games

    That's what BF2 Modern Combat is! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    You have two sides fighting it out on one map... on the console versions, I'm not sure how many players are going at it at a single time, but on the PC version you can play with up to 64 people in there (you and 63 others), and the concept of the game is that each side starts out spawning at a certain flag, and to win, you have to "capture" all of the flags on the map, or you have to get your enemy's "tickets" down to 0. (Tickets go down by 1 every time an enemy is killed, for example, and each team starts with usually 200+ tickets.)

    Here are a few screenshots of the game for XBOX, but its available for PS2 as well:
    920759 20051026 screen020
    http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/ima..._screen026.jpg
    http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/ima..._screen029.jpg

    Here's the PC version, which not only looks better, but allows for more players (64 as mentioned already) as well:
    920407 20050620 screen005
    http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/ima..._screen006.jpg
    http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/ima..._screen007.jpg
    Officially retired

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: PS2 War Games

    not bad, on the xbox version do you have to have xboxlive to play the "all out war" version?
    Cant we all just get along?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •